WHAT IS CROSSING AFRICA?
A solo expedition where I will traverse the African continent from Cape Town to Cairo on foot, by sail or by paddle.
Crossing Africa (CRA) is a once in a lifestyle experience that pushes the boundaries of human exploration. CRA is a solo expedition where I will traverse the African continent from Cape Town to Cairo on foot, by sail or by paddle. I will be faced with many obstacles, whether they be wildlife, people of all different backgrounds, climate, terrain and just the sheer distance alone can challenge even the toughest amongst us. This expedition is to test myself, to help motivate others and encourage people to explore and adventure the beaten paths of this world.
Frequently asked questions about Crossing Africa:
- When does your trip begin? – November 24, 2015
- How far is your walk? – 10,000 Km (calculations based on flat terrain)
- How long will your trip take? – One Year and 3 months
- Will you have transportation? – Only foot and/or paddle/sail boat are my forms of transportation. No motor vehicles will be in this expedition
- Who will join you? – This is a solo missions. However anyone can join me for short durations at any point of the expedition
- How can I help? – Any help will do, eg// If you know anyone in Africa that is along my route
- Is it safe? – It is as safe as I am prepared for
- Where will you be sleeping? – The homes of strangers, camping in the wild, schools and charitable organizations along my route
- How much will it cost? – Cost varies between $10,000 – $15,000. I will be living bare minimum ($1 – $3 / day)