The exciting part about preparing for a year long world tour is trying to squeeze your whole life into one backpack. I’m left with only the bare essentials, a minimalist at its core. The bulkier items are my electronics, the camera and laptop or ipad which will capture my everyday activities. I will be blogging, instagramming and writing articles. I will also be sharing tips as to how to make your trip a more memorable and stress free adventure.
If you have anything to add to my list please feel free to comment or message me.
- All paperwork: hotel confirmations, flight information, passport and travel insurance info
- Global plugin adapter
- Lightweight jacket scrunched into a ball
- iPad / or Laptop and ac adapter (optional keyboard if it’s ipad)
- Journal and pen
- Phone and charger.
- Camera and charger, compact camera and DSLR (GoPro is optional)
- SD Card connector
- Prescription medication, vitamins, supplements, water bottle
- Tiny first aid kit
- Face cream, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, brush, electric razor
- A few feet of duct tape can come in quite handy.
- A couple of resealable plastic bags.
- Shoes – two pairs total. one pair street shoes (runners) and more dressier boots (Worn on plane.)
- Pants / shorts (also work as swim trunks) – three pairs
- 5 t-shirts (Will most likely be in tropical destinations)
- 1 casual shirt with a collar.
- 1 dress shirts
- One blazer. (Optional, of course, but really useful)
- Belt (optional)
- Scarf, gloves, rain vest, pair of sunglasses
- 5 Underwear and 5 socks
- For my fitness of course (2 elastic bands, skipping rope)
By the way everything on the list fit in my bag (However for the DSLR Camera I used a prop similar in size) I’m sure I’m missing something in this list. However I’m way ahead of time. It’s time to focus on finding work.
Check out my blog for more updates to my upcoming world trip here